Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello from NYC!

Hello first graders. I have been in New York City for more than a week now. I have been traveling around having so much fun that I almost forgot to post a message. Let me reach into my backpack and answer some of your questions.

Abigail wants to know if it is a big city. Here is a picture that I took.


After looking at the picture, can you answer Abigail's question?
That's right, it is a big city. In fact, it is the biggest city in the United States of America!

Ashlen wanted to know if I had a chance to see The Statue of Liberty.
Do you see the white boat in the picture? I took a ride on that boat to go and see the Statue of Liberty.
When we were getting close, I took this picture to show you. I think that it is one of the best statues ever. I like how they made the flame with gold to look like real fire.


Mrs. McGuire's class asked four really great questions, and I will answer all of them now.

Does it rain in NYC? Just like in Rock Hill, there are rainy days sometimes. The first day I got here it was raining, and I saw lots of people using umbrellas.

                                                 I didn't have one, so I got a little bit wet!

Do people ride bikes in NYC? Yes they do. There is so much traffic that it is dangerous to ride in the street. A lot of people like to ride bikes in the park. On Sundays, they close the roads in Central Park to cars and trucks. Only bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters and walkers are allowed. That makes it a safe and pretty place to ride.


Are there flags in NYC?
Yes. I saw a lot of them. On Labor Day weekend, when you were having a holiday from school, I saw the biggest American flag in the world. It is hanging from the George Washington Bridge. Do you know who that bridge is named after?
 
And the last question: Are there schools in NYC?
There are lots and lots. So many people live there that they have hundreds of schools.In this picture, I am on the playground of one of them. I liked the painting on the wall because it was full of kids who are flat like me!
 

Do you see the pink balloon that says P.S. 321?  That is the name of the school! The P.S. stands for Public School, so it is Public School 321. NYC is the only place in our country that gives the schools numbers instead of names.
 
I hope that you liked hearing about my adventures. I will be coming home very soon. 
Your friend,
Flat Stanley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment