Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bonjour from Switzerland!

Bonjour children!

Bonjour means "hello" in French, the language spoken in my latest travel destination. Do you know where I am? That's right, Switzerland!

I am trying hard to learn French, but luckily many people here speak English, too, so I am making lots of friends!  They help me understand signs in French, like this one:



It says "White Horse Street." 

Switzerland is a very small country in Europe, across the Atlantic Ocean. Can you find it on the map?

I am in a city named Geneva. It was built a very long time ago, before there were any cars, so the roads are narrow.


Do you see a flag here that you recognize?  The USA has a flag- it is in your classroom.  Every country has a flag, Switzerland too!

A lot of people ride bikes or motorcycles to get around because the streets are so small.  Also, the people care about taking care of the environment.  Motorcycles use less gas than cars, and of course bikes don't need any gas, just people with energy!  Do you like to ride your bike?



I love a bike ride, but my legs are too short to reach the pedals!  So my friends here are taking me on a ride!  Weeeeeeeee!

Well, I have more exploring to do so I'd better go!  Where did I put my bike helmet?  Got to put in on before we start!  OK kids I'll write more soon!
Your friend,

Flat Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment